The Advanced Game Narrative Toolbox (PDF)
Premium ContentLogin to buy access to this content.
The Advanced Game Narrative Toolbox continues where the Game Narrative Toolbox ended. While the later covered the basics of writing for games, the Advanced Game Narrative Toolbox will cover techniques for the intermediate and professional writer. The book will cover topics such as how to adapt a novel to a game, how to revive IPs and how to construct transmedia worlds. Each chapter will be written by a professional with exceptional experience in the field of the chapter.
- Learn from industry experts how to tackle today’s challenges in storytelling for games.
- A learn by example and exercise approach, which was praised in the Game Narrative Toolbox.
- An in depth view on advanced storytelling techniques and topics as they are currently discussed and used in the gaming industry.
- Expand your knowledge in game writing as you learn and try yourself to design quests, write romances and build worlds as you would as a writer in a game studio.
- Improve your own stories by learning and trying the techniques used by the professionals of game writing.
- Paperback: 232 pages
- Publisher: CRC Press; 1 edition (March 2, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1138499633
- ISBN-13: 978-1138499638
- Product Dimensions: 7.5 x 9.5 inches